Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thank you Jesus!


My little boy has had a year full of ear infections with one occurrence lasting over 6 weeks. It was decided he would need tubes and I was just fine with that! His appointment was scheduled for Nov 20th and typically I would have patiently waited BUT he currently has an infection and I know how long it takes him to heal. We are planning to attend a retreat in Florida in November and I was dreading a plane ride with fluid in Braylon's ears. I made a phone call to the ear doctor's nurse expecting the answer, I received, "no way we can move you up, there are just too many patients needing surgery right now, sorry we cannot help." Okay so I tried but then I let God try and he NEVER FAILS! Two hours after being told "no way" the nurse called with a cancellation for yesterday morning. So at 6:30am yesterday Braylon, Aaron and I were signing into outpatient surgery. After the anesthesiologist called my son a she for the third time (after being corrected twice) I was not feeling too comfortable about the guy. My husband and I both agreed he was not exactly the mentality we wanted putting our son to sleep (Oh 21lbs I thought they said 71lbs, oops!) Thankfully God heard our concerns and along comes a new anesthesiologist, thanks to some "technical difficulties and paperwork issues" the first anesthesiologist was unable to assist the doctor on Braylon's surgery. Thank you Jesus! Braylon received tubes at 7:40 and at 8:45am we were home :) He was a little fussy yesterday but the difference is already evident!
Daddy did a good job of taking care of Braylon yesterday :)

2 comments: