Friday, February 19, 2010

Pair a what?

A great tool we learned at MTI was illustrated in the previous post. With all things in life there are YAY! and YUCK! moments. With the clean duck representing yays and the dirty duck resembling yucks we have a pair of ducks or PARADOX!

At times leaving for Jamaica is a YAY duck and other times YUCK! Today at work as I had preschoolers climb on my lap asking Ms Melissa to read, I was sad and thought of how I would miss these children and the joy they posses. Then I think of all the new children I am going to meet, hold on my lap, offer food to and mentor, I am then filled with excitement. The excited feeling does not take away from the sad feeling so I am left with tears and happiness!

Audrey is dealing with her own YAY duck and Yuck duck right now. She is sad to leave Farmland but has asked multiple times to look at the picture of her week "new neighbors." She is so excited to make friends with the families that will live down the road from us but she is so sad to leave her home in Farmland.

God's word shows us many times that one emotion cannot come without another:

2 Cor 4:17
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.

1 Peter 4: 12-13 Beloved do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

Psalm 30:5
For His anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment