Sunday, February 28, 2010

The beginning of the end......

A chapter in my/our life is closing and a new adventure awaits. In the next 23 days we will pack up the house we have called home for 4 months, say goodbye to our co-workers/students, couch surf through parents/siblings and friends homes, attend our last gathering of the Branches of Farmland (as regular attenders), pack 3 heavy suitcases and say emotional, tear filled goodbyes-see you laters.

I want my goodbyes to be meaningful. When I say goodbye I want people to know that they have affected my lives enough that I am crying for them. I am so thankful to love and be loved that is is worth every tear, every sob, every ache to spend time expressing my feelings. This is not going to be an easy four weeks but it will be treasured and memorable.

I hope that my friends and family will share in the griefs and joys. Not hesitating to call and cry, stop by to say we will be missed. Life is full of seasons and as our season changes others' lives are changing too. We cannot say good hellos without good goodbyes. As much as I want to get on the plane and avoid the tears, I cannot. This is all part of the experience and I don't want to miss a God moment along the way!


2 comments:

  1. Nicely said. Looking forward to seeing how God changes my life through you guys' new season. See y'all in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete