Sunday, March 7, 2010

SURPRISE!

It was a perfect plan, nothing out of the ordinary- show up at the normal time and place for growth group, head up to the youth room b/c the kitchen "was occupied" and BAM! a room full of balloons, streamers, food and my closest friends/family. I am so thankful for my growth group family to realize how important this night was for us. Aaron and I do not like to say goodbye but the time was well spent. As Aaron and I sat on stage one by one our growth group members shared words of encouragment, memories, and sadness; we were humbled. We cried, we laughed, we cried some more. We were blessed by the graciousness of our friends. The intuition of Kimberly to know what we would need (something simple, good food, and time for grieving). We do not deserve the praise they offered but it was like vitamins for our hearts and mind. Reminders of the talents God has placed in us and reflections of how Christ has been growing us for this moment. I do not want to leave this group of wonderful people BUT I am glad that since I am leaving it is these people that will be praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment