Saturday, March 13, 2010

Island Time




We received disappointing news Thursday. Our expected departure date of 3/23/10 was pushed back. The next possible departure 3/25/10, MAYBE or 3/28/10 or 4/1/10 or well I am not thinking past that. The Jamaican government has not had time to review our documentation and without their approval we cannot get our Visa and without a Visa-no travel for the Blacks. Island time has its advantages (you can never be late) and its disadvantages (deadlines do not really exist).

My initial reaction was one of sadness and disappointment. Just five hours earlier I had went through the emotions of preparing myself for the expected phone call "Your approved! See you on the 23rd!" I had the nervous butterfly stomach, the sadness of saying goodbye and the excitement of picturing myself boarding the plane. NOW those feelings are negated and left with uncertainty. The uncertainty did not last long, no we do not have a departure date but God quickly reminded me that He is in control! God knows our days, our hours, our minutes. While the 23rd was "our plan" God showed his grace and intervened. Changing our departure date to an upcoming date that is in His "ideal time."

An hour after all of these events this is what God painted for me (okay that sounds narcissistic) but I appreciated the reminder.




No comments:

Post a Comment