Sunday, March 28, 2010

Who really is the Dirt Bag?

Lately, I have noticed some commercials that really bug me. You have probably seen them-
the male actor is so in love with his possession (in some it is a beer) that he rambles on about how wonderful it is, tells of the great lengths he would go to obtain/keep the item. It is very obvious that his "item/product" is very important to him. Then he is speechless to his significant other; barely capable of muttering a few loving words and is not willing to go to any lengths for her. He obviously communicates to his wife/girlfriend that she has little significance in his life.

Dirt Bag! She is your wife, love her, make her feel important, the least you could do is give her as much praise as you give your beer!

I wonder how often I do that to God. I ramble on and on about me, I go to great lengths to keep my things organized. I express my love for my computer, cell phone, itouch by spending many hours each day with them. Then I leave a few words left for God. I tell Him I will get to Him in a minute. How important do I make God feel?

Maybe I am the Dirt Bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment