Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update

I have been debating what I wanted to say in my first blog from Jamaica. We have lived in Jamaica 2 weeks and 3days and I could write a book on life thus far.

  • We are settled into our home
  • I am amazed at the amount of furniture I can live without
  • So thankful to Jamie B for leaving me with kitchen equipment!!
  • Our puppy Roscoe is a God send for Braylon
  • Our backyard is full of fruit (baby bananas, limes, cherries, apples, pineable and mango)
  • Thankful for but adjusting to locking and unlocking the porch grill and outside gate every time we leave and return
  • Blessed with a great neighborhood! One neighbor is known to "take care of unwanted strangers," another a vigilant watch dog and a lady who would bend over backward to help me.
  • Aaron and I are learning our roles
  • God will have to provide His amazing wisdom and strength as we fill the big shoes left by the Vrettos family and Jamie B.
  • Met students and teachers in the scholarship program yesterday (I am going to love this job!)
  • Enjoying daily devotions with the kids and homeschooling 4 days a week.
  • Love the staff at the mission house!
  • Teams are such a blessing and look forward to the summer
  • God is doing amazing things with Project RAISE!!!
  • I have learned to drive on the other side of the road
  • Jamaican food is amazing! (proud of Audrey for trying everything!)
  • Food is expensive!
  • I have cooked more for my family in two weeks than I generally do in two months in the states.
  • Thankful for God's provisions and helping me make food stretch.
  • Its amazing how much water and electricity we wasted in the states
  • I could go for a snowy mocha and cranberry nut muffin from Main St coffee in Farmland!
  • A late night game with my family sounds awesome!
  • Some familiar hugs would be nice
If you made it to the end of the list without being bored....you are awesome! God is awesome and doing amazing things in Jamaica and in our lives! If you want to know more about something leave me a comment or send me an email :)

4 comments:

  1. alright black family! way to find those yay ducks! we're so happy for you guys!! love love love from the doddridge family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I agree with Megan, way to find the yeah ducks! So glad to hear the transitions are going well so far. Love you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad to see you guys made it there safely and are settling in to your new roles. Alex and I are and will continue to pray for you all during this exciting new journey in your life! Let us know if there is anything you need and we will send it your way! Love and prayers!
    -Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Mo! How I miss you so :0) Sorry that I missed your call. Work was crazy today and its not even the first of the month!! Any who, I will catch up with you my beautiful friend soon.

    ReplyDelete