Sunday, July 19, 2009

First of Many

Today was a hard day for me. Aaron and I had two speaking engagements at area churches. My sister, brother and brother in-law attended both churches and my parents spoke alongside us in the second church. During the first presentation, I looked out into the crowd and spotted my sister sobbing, this was the first time I have cried on stage. As my mom took the microphone this evening and shared her fears and pride of her children/grandchildren moving to Jamaica, I lost it once again.

I love God and I want to do his will. I have no question that my family is called to Jamaica and that God has placed a love in our hearts for the people of Jamaica.

I also love my family and will miss them dearly. I just wish that God would decide to ship them down to live with me. Whatever the future holds, I know God has a plan and is in control. He will be with me and provide friends, relationships and the strength that I need.

4 comments:

  1. I understand. With my house being sold moving to Jamaica is much more real. I have lost it a few times lately also. I'm praying for you guys and glad that we have each other as we make this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Audrey asked Mamaw do you love me, of cource Audrey, with all my heart. She then asked does Papaw of me, Of course with all his heart. She then said will you miss me when I go to Jamaica, Of course Audrey with all our heart and soul. She said I love you too, and I will miss you, I realised that this is more painful then any thing I have ever faced, and that this is really happening. PLease God give me the strength

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, Aaron, kids, & extended family,

    You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa etal...God has a wonderful plan for you and your family, and I am grateful to be on this journey with you. Continue praying for you and have been anxious to hear how the weekend went. "Feeling" your feelings is a good thing, even when it is painful. God will give you the courage and the strength you all need...His strength is perfect! Loving and praying for you,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete