Saturday, July 18, 2009

What the heck?

While we were on vacation my brother sold our 57" television (with Aaron and my permission). We neglected to tell our daughter, who coincidentally LOVES tv. Upon arriving home from vacation the first place she walks is to the living room to turn on the missing tv. Her exact words "What the heck" she then walks to the couch and shakes her head saying what the heck?

This was rather comical as she has never used this phrase and her sincerity in being completely taken off guard. Audrey was not happy that we had sold "her" tv and that we had not informed her of the decision. She instantly wanted a "fix" and was not content until Aaron and I had devised a plan to remedy the situation.

While talking things over with Audrey, I was thinking about how petty her complaint was and could not believe she was so upset. To be honest I was annoyed that we were spending so much time "restabilizing" her world.

Well today my mind set has changed...some things transpired today that left me saying
"What the heck?"

I have no control over this situation but I was completely taken of guard and do not appreciate the feelings it has left in my heart and stomach. While speaking with Aaron as to how we can "remedy" this situation, we conclude that it is out of our hands. I know only grace, forgiveness and salvation can solve the situation and I am left to pray. My hands feel tied and it is now that I am glad that I could give Audrey such simple stability. That what currently shakes her world is not so devastating that she cannot have an easy fix. I am glad I took time to hear her feelings and did not leave her feeling the way I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment