Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just a Table

As I sort through our possessions attempting to sell most of the items and keeping a minimum, I have come across a few items that hold an unexpected amount of memories. This table was given to Audrey by her Mamaw and Papaw Black for her 1st birthday. I know that my suggestion of a little table seemed odd for a one year old but I am so glad we have it. At this table Audrey has painted many masterpieces, had an organized tea party, served many meals to her mommy and daddy, her first date with Sammy, wrote her first letters, colored Easter eggs and ate many meals. This table has brought laughter, tears, frustration and pride to her Mommy. Audrey has been a big girl and used her table to get her own items out of the upper cabinet (sometimes without my knowledge :), this table has been used to make her own pudding, and to turn on lights in the house. The table makes a distinct noise as it is pushed across the kitchen floor, upon Audrey's observation that Mommy is cooking. Audrey has stood beside me and made many cookies, cakes, and meals using her table as a stool. For awhile Audrey thought she should stand on the colored part of the table only and would mightly throw the red cover off before climbing upon it. What pride I had the first day I realized Audrey was sorting the legos into the correct colored squares on the table. A smile comes upon my face when I walk into the kitchen and see little Audrey standing proudly beside her Nana making cupcakes or beside her Daddy making pancakes. This may be the first item I cry over if we decide to sell it, I just do not know if I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. Please don't. Someday another little girl, possible a little Audrey will use the table with pride Knowing where it came from.. We will store it for her. So Please Don't
    My heart hurts every time I think of this. So please let me keep some of these memories for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pam. Keep the table at her house or ours. Some items are worth keeping just to recall the memories made with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the mom's are on the thought there! I was going to suggest that! :) Great Job moms!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete