Friday, July 3, 2009

It is Reality

The talk of being missionaries has been dream like and futuristic until the past week. Tuesday I spoke with a small group of ladies, informing them of our missionary plans and asking for prayer. Our letters have been sent out and we are approached daily by people "surprised" to hear we are leaving. Our truck is sold and our house and car are going on the market very soon. Our missionary "status" seems evident and real as I prepare a video and Aaron and I discuss topics for our upcoming speaking engagement, THIS SUNDAY! That's right in two days we will have our first official run through, pleading people to follow the commandment "Therefore go and make disciples of ALL nations." I feel like I am begging and pleading for money, the hard part is reminding myself that the money is not for me but for the work of Christ.

All prayers are appreciated as we take the next step in our journey.
Here is the video I have put together:

3 comments:

  1. Nice video, Melissa. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the video! I'm sure you guys will do great with weekend. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete