Wednesday, February 25, 2009

King Size Bed

Once you have something, you always want more, right? I thought once we bought our King size bed, I could never be happier. It was so comfortable and roomy. I could sleep on one side Aaron on the other and when necessary Audrey in the middle, nobody touching. Fast forward one year, Audrey's visits are not occasional they are expected nightly and there is another person who has found his way into our bed. As I lay awake last night (because I awoke to a foot on my chest), I wondered how did this happen? I loved my bed, it was so spacious, now I have Audrey's foot on my chest and Braylon's leg across my stomach and the idea of sleeping in Audrey's toddler bed sounds appealing. I know I know, I should just put them in their beds and make them sleep there, easier said than done. Plus in a few years they will not want to curl up on my lap or give me a hug in public so for now I will take the cuddles at bed time. I still want my space so we will be finding a happy medium and I don't think it involves a bigger bed???

1 comment:

  1. The foot on my chest would be a furry one! Our dog likes to "spread out" when he sleeps on the bed at night:)

    ReplyDelete