Monday, March 30, 2009

Cultural Experience!

Today I received a cultural experience that I was neither expecting nor wanted. Braylon was up most of the night crying. He cried and cried and cried, we knew something was wrong because if you know Braylon, he is not a crier. This morning we headed to the Dr in Highgate. As a mom I was worried about the quality of care he would receive and the education of the Dr caring for him. The CSI crew and families prayed with Braylon and I before we made our trip to town, that brought comfort. As we walked into the Dr I was slightly fearful as the walls were not fully painted, the waiting room was about a 10 x 12, the receptionist was in the next "room" (a partially sectioned off room that held filing cabinets, one desk and one chair) and eyes were on the "white" baby. My name was taken down on a plain piece of white paper, as well as Braylon's age and his weight was taken on a small infant scale. The Dr's office housed the Dr's desk and a small patient table. Overall my experience was great. The Dr was good with Braylon and diagnosed him with a respitory infection, minor ear infection, and inflamed throat. The amazing part was our visit only cost 11 dollars and to fill three prescriptions was 2200J (approximately 22 dollars). After one dose of antibiotic, and the other two medicines, Braylon is acting much better! He took a nap with Brad (a Jamaican worker in the mission house) and awoke ready to eat and play :) God is taking care of us and providing for all our needs!

6 comments:

  1. Praise God! A lot of prayers are being lifted up for you guys.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Braylon is starting to feel better. We are praying for your family. Hope the rest of your trip is safe and not quite so eventful (scary).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is Ok and Braylon is doing better! God is taking great care of all of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had this experience. Now if you are called to move to Jamaica this fear will have already been overcome.
    Tell everyone Hello for me. Give Pinto a hug! I can't wait to come "home" to Jamaica myself.

    ReplyDelete