Friday, March 27, 2009

Fear

I have been excited about visiting Jamaica, until today. Okay I am still excited but a new feeling has set in, nerves. Nervous about the plane? "No" Nervous about customs? "No" Nervous about traveling with two kids? "No" I have complete faith that God will protect us and if anything bad is to happen he will be with us there too. So tell me, why have I become nervous about the possibilities? The possibility of falling in love with the same people my husband fell in love with. The possibility of confirming the call that we are to be missionaries. The possibility of changing everything we know to serve our wonderful and faithful God. The same God that will be with me while traveling is with me in all avenues of life. Sometimes it is easy to remember God and then leave him in the background for other circumstances.

I know why God wants us to be like children when we approach him. My daughter is so excited to go to Jamaica. She says things like "I want to stay at my new home in Jamaica!" "Will there be a school for me in Jamaica" (We have told her several times this trip is only for a few days) Audrey is not worried about the possibilities, the changes, the decisions....she is leaving them to God. She has not developed a sense of fear or stress so she is thinking as I should be. I must turn to my Father in Heaven and remember that he knows the numbers of my days and the plans he has for me!

2 comments:

  1. Very excited for you guys! I'll be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can understand what you are feeling! I'm excited for you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete