Thursday, March 12, 2009

What have I done?

It is track season and that brings a smile to my face! I am an assistant coach for the varsity team and have the pleasure of working with a very knowledgeable head coach. He amazes me with the amount of information he has about running, fitness and the body. He also does a great job of using his knowledge in a practical way with the kids. So, as we are getting the team into shape all of the coaches run with the team (the other two coaches could both out run me and they have at least 15-20 years on me). I love it, I leave my children for one hour each afternoon and go run with a great group of kids and I learn alot! Now I will not let myself be beat by all of the high school girls so I have been pushing myself pretty hard (I have not ran since the first week of January and before that was pre-Braylon) and I am not in the best of shape. I have been pretty happy because I have not had much soreness and my lung capacity is excellent. That happiness started to fizzle last night and has turned to worry this afternoon. Yesterday while running I felt my knee begin to ache, as the evening went on it became pretty painful, throughout the night I awoke in pain several times. I thought once I got up this morning and loosened it up, the pain would dull, nope not happening. I don't know if I am more bummed that my knee hurts and I may need to visit the Dr or that I know I will not be running tonight at practice? The one thing I do know is I am supposed to go shopping Saturday and I better be able to make the trip!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your knee girl! Hope it mends quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is so much fun! Glad you are enjoying! I'll be praying your knee gets better so you can get back at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved track. I was more of a jumper than a runner--unless you count running to Jerry's during practice. And by running, I mean driving in my car. Coach didn't mind as long as I brought her something! Hopefully your gals are a little more dedicated...

    ReplyDelete