Monday, March 23, 2009

Understanding

About a month ago I wrote about confusion in my spiritual life (you can read it here). After some time of thinking and reading, I have come to the conclusion I am worrying about too much! The two most important commandments are where I need to start.

But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, gathered themselves together. One of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, testing him. "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?"
Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments."

Matthew 22:34-40

Concentration on solely loving God will allow all of the other qualities I worry about to follow suit. I have known all the answers but was too wrapped up in my "personal holiness" to remeber that I am surrendering to the Holy Father, not the holy or should I say unholy melissa. Keeping his word in my mind and heart by daily reading and devotion, dwelling on his word through music and serving others are my first steps. Transformation will be made as I count on the Lord's strength. I shall not worry because "perfect love casts out fear" 1 John 4:18 as long as I am surrendering to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment