Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Day!




Yesterday was a fun day! Audrey and Braylon were spoiled by grandparents and other relatives all day :) Aaron's parents were kind enough to get up early and stay with Audrey and Braylon for the morning. When Audrey woke I am sure she was pleased to have donuts waiting on her and a new outfit from Mamaw and Papaw. I know Braylon appreciated the two hour nap in Mamaw's arms. Aaron and I went to breakfast and did a little shopping. It was fun to hang out with just Aaron and take our time browsing the aisles. We even did a little dreaming and test drove this for fun. The sales guy was very nice and not pushy so it was easy to drive it and walk away. In the evening we headed to my parents for a birthday celebration. Dad's birthday is Tuesday and my sister's birthday is next Tuesday so we had a get together in honor of them. Before the food was enjoyed Aaron, my brother and I went for a nice run, the weather was perfect! We then enjoyed yummy tenderloins, fruit salad, and dessert. Audrey enjoyed playing outside with her Nanna and Poppy and Braylon appreciated a nap on Uncle Mike's shoulder. (Braylon is sick so he is wanting to be held while he sleeps, he is normally much more active)

The day was great, but there could have been a damper on it. Everytime we have a get together with family I am reminded of the shape of our economy. The scariness of job loss or lay off is hitting everyone including people in Aaron's and my family. I believe my Mom put it best that we need to keep our eyes on what God wants from the circumstances and not the circumstances themselves. While the circumstance may be scary, it can not take the Joy knowing Christ brings. We need to be praying for all the families being struck by the poor economy.

1 comment:

  1. Shelby was a baby who always liked to be held, and even more so when she was sick. I loved those days when she took a 2 hour nap and I could just sit and relax and hold her at the same time. Hmmmm, those days are gone now!

    Thanks for the reminder to be praying for families during this time. That's something I haven't done a very good job at.

    ReplyDelete